Thursday, March 3, 2016

200-M Hill Sprints (3 Sets)

I had a little over 30-minute morning workout.
It consisted of three components:

1) a slow jog (3K)
2) lying pull-ups (30-seconds ×5 sets)
3) 200-M hill sprints (3 sets)

Lying pull-ups mainly targets back, lats, bi-ceps, and forearms.
Instead of doing them slowly to extend contraction time for maximum volume gain,
I focused on density--doing as many reps as I can within 30 seconds.
I am not fully aware of all the benefits of density-based training yet.
But one thing I know is that it's highly intense,
and you can get yourself burned out pretty quickly,
so it's a good option when you don't have a lot of time for workout.

The result of the hill sprints is as follows:
1st Set:  33:95
Rest: 2:00
2nd Set: 34:06
Rest: 2:00
3rd Set: 34:85

No comments:

Post a Comment