Sunday, March 27, 2016

A Two-Hour Jog

With exactly three weeks remaining I started increasing the distance of of my running training.
Today I ran 21.2 K in 2:00:28, including occasional breaks here and there to hydrate and fuel myself at a park and a convenience store respectively.

It was a pleasant run at comfortable full marathon pace of mine, with refreshing mild winds.

I feel very confident of my overall strength and endurance
as I was able to put out a last spurt fairly easily in the last 1 K,
and also because I felt practically zero pain in any of my leg joints nor muscles.

An unbelievable lightness of my body was a pleasant surprise.
As soon as I got home and took a shower,
I stepped on the scale to find out that I weighed two kilograms lighter than my usual weight.
I would like to welcome this weight loss as a good thing
because it's definitely a merit in a marathon.

My next big challenge comes next weekend
when I am scheduled to go for a 30 K jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment