Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Long Slow Run

I went for a long slow walk because I was in a mood for it.
I just left without setting any target in terms of distance.
There was no way I could tell exactly how many Ks I ran
because I had no running app on my cellphone.
But I had a rough idea of the distance from my past runs.
I took a familiar route in and around my neighboring area
within the radius of 8 K. 
It wasn't too cold, and winds were almost non-existent.
Perfect for a pleasant run.
I cruised at a comfortable pace of 5:52/K
to cover 13.6 K in a time of 1:19:53.
I didn't feel any pain in my legs,
and breathing was easy.
With one K remaining before reaching home,
I still had a reasonable amount of energy left in me,
so I put on a spurt, running at around my 10 K pace.
About half an hour after taking a shower to wash the sweat away,
I was engulfed with a feeling of minor euphoria
while I was having avocado with dried nori seaweed,
a piece of apple, and a decopon orange
to refuel myself with all the vitamins and minerals
lost in the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment