Monday, September 5, 2022

Midnight 7.4 K Jog & 10 Reps by a 12-Sec Hammer Pull-Up

Sept.5, 2022


3.4 K: 22:46.09

Park Workout: 9:59.88 / 10 Reps by a 12-Sec Hammer Pull-Up

3.4 K: 22:51.11

Total 55:37.08

*****************

I jogged at midnight. There were two purposes. One, I wanted to improve my cardiovascular capacity. Two, I wanted to listen to some audio. Listening at my desk does not have any athletic benefit. So, I listened while running. 

As far as my first purpose, my focus tonight was controlled running. By that I mean running that causes minimum impact on my once-severely-injured and now steadily recovering left knee. Two things were important:

1) Never to kick strongly.

2) Increase cadence and take short strides.

I stack to these two policies. As a result, I completed the run pain-free.


As to the second purpose, I focused on four things:

1) Stay in dead-hang position for two seconds.

2) Take two seconds to pull up.

3) Isometrically hold pull-up position for four seconds.

4) Eccentrically pull down taking four seconds. 

By doing the above, I wanted to build my shoulder stability in dead-hang position, increase concentric speed, keep the shoulders in more stable positions to avoid injury, and trigger micro tear which happens most typically when muscles are under tension as they are being elongated. 

Let's see the effect by observing how soar I will be a couple of days down the road!




No comments:

Post a Comment