Friday, August 26, 2022

Midnight 1-Hour Jog on Road in Shoes

Aug. 26, 2022

0.9 K: 5:06.57

10 K: 1:03:25

0.9 K: 5:13.50

Total 11.8 K: 1:08:39


I ran on road after work. I ran in shoes. My doctor friend advises me not to run on road without shoes. Although I will probably override his advice at some point in the future to run a road race without shoes anyway, but at this stage of my rehabilitation, I consider it wise to stick to his advice. I wore a pair of NIKE with minimum cushioning. I hate a thick sole. I don't feel stable in them. I even feel a risk of straining your ankle increases when running in those. 

Anyway, it was an another 60-min + session completed without pain nor discomfort. Breathing wasn't hard either. But of course, it's because of an easy pace. I will stay at this pace for the time being. And I will extend my training distance without increasing pace so much. I want to regain the endurance that I used to take for granted before injury. It's so humbling to see how hard it is to get it back once you have lost it. But I will not give up on it. Going slow is the key.  



 za

No comments:

Post a Comment