Monday, September 12, 2022

Midnight Bike Ride

Sept. 12, 2022  


Today is bike day. For me at least. After running 11 K in bare feet two days before, I wanted to give my recovering knee a little more rest. But at the same time, I wanted to stimulate my cardio and also to build my leg strength. Hence, cycling, because it is a much lower-impact activity for the knee.

I chose a course that has many hills and some long straight roads. It allows me to practice hill climbs as well as sprints. 

I took a brief fuel stop at a convenience store near Morita Architects Partnership. I ate an egg sandwich and drank barley tea. It hit the stop after a 10 K + ride with a 700 m uphill near the end.

After filling my stomach, I enjoyed my ride back home in high spirits. I increased cadence on uphills in top gear, and injected the pace on straights in low gear. This way I was able to develp different kinds of strength. 

I hope to do some core training tomorrow night or on the morning of Wednesday.   




No comments:

Post a Comment