Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Meniscus Tear Rehab Midnight Barefoot Jog on Grass / 半月板損傷リハビリ芝生裸足走

Sept. 28, 2022

I love working out after work. I know for some people evening is time for relaxation. I can totally relate to that. It's only that I get off work at 10 p.m., and because of the nature of my work, which is teaching, it is not easy to immediately hit the bed after work. My mind is racing quite a bit. It takes a couple of hours for it to calm down. 

There are different ways to achieve the goal of calming yourself down before going to bed. Some may do breathing. Others read a book till their eyes get heavy. I do both every now and then. But my favorite is going for a jog. That steady rhythm of landing soothes my mind. 
 
But I have a small problem when I run at night. Though I run mainly for relaxing myself, I often listen to audio while running because I want to get the most out of the running time. 


It has both benefits and downsides. One benefit is reinforcing useful information. For example, last night I got to hear a very motivating statement by Marie Forleo that says, "Fail is faithful attempt in learning." Wow! Isn't that awesome? It's immediately applicable to my daily teaching. Many students try something, and end up failing and feeling bad about it. From now on, I can tell them that it is not the end of the world. In fact, it is the start of your ongoing learning journey!!

But once that info. is registered as important, naturally, your brain will stay busy sorting it out for a while after you climb into bed. Naturally, it takes a while for you to fall asleep. In other words, it is against my hope to immediately fall asleep when I go to bed after late night jog.

I'm still wondering what to do with this double bind. I may consolidate all my input effort in the morning while saving my late-night hours strictly for emptying my mind if such a thing ever exists.





No comments:

Post a Comment