Thursday, September 15, 2022

Meniscus Tear Rehab Midnight 10 K Jog in Minimalist Shoes

Sept. 15, 2022

5.1 K: 31:42.25

5.1 K: 29:51.04

Total 10.2 K: 1:01:33


I hit the road after work. My glutes, hamstrings, and adductors were a bit sore from weighted leg lunges on the previous afternoon, but I guessed that as long as I kept an easy pace, it would not bother me.

In fact, it did bother me slightly at first. But as I kept on running, the initial discomfort gradually became negligible. And about 45 minutes into it, there was a significant rush of some kind of natural pain-killer, be it β-endorphin or dopamine, I felt numb to all sorts of discomfort and soreness, and from that point on, I just kept on going like a locomotive.   



After I got home, I took a quick shower, and had a light meal consisting of tofu, natto, and brown rice. After the meal, as I was writing this blog post, I was engulfed with deep satisfaction. Can't wait to run again....






No comments:

Post a Comment