Sunday, May 2, 2021

Golden Week Holiday Project: 2-Hour LSD

May 2, 2021

20.4 K: 2:01:25

I got one important project done today. To reward myself for the good job done, I gave myself a gift: 2-hour LSD!


I listened a few different audio programs while running. One is a lecture on how to ride a motorcycle on rainy days. The rainy season starts in about a month. I will be riding my motorbike on rainy days more often. I wanted to remind myself of potential risks.


I also listened to Brian Tracy's lecture on leadership. In the lecture Brian refers to power leadership and ascribed leadership. The former is demonstrating leadership by the power given to the position of the leader. The latter, on the other hand, is leadership that is created by virtue of leadership qualities that one demonstrates. He also says someone can naturally become a leader even when he or she is not in a leader's position by demonstrating qualities of a leader. One of such qualities is taking full responsibility for whatever result. He goes on to say that you generally feel in control when you take full responsibility for everything that happens. On the other hand, if you have a mental habit of blaming others or something for undesirable outcomes, you tend to feel out of control. I don't like feeling out of control. It sucks. In riding a motorcycle if you are out of control, you are in big trouble. In the worst case scenario, you die. 


There were many other important messages, I can't remember all right of the top of my head. I need to listen again to review other important messages to get ready for an important event this coming weekend. 



Tonight I went for a run without fixing a running distance. About 7 K into it there was a fork. One way, you'd end with 11 K. The other way would add extra 6 K. I chose the latter because I was feeling good. 

Overall I was feeling a great effect of a successful tempo run that I had done about a week before, and also a 10 K jog that I did on the following night. My form felt efficient and seemed to flow very smoothly. Also, breathing was easy throughout the session. I'm excited to do some quality interval session in a day or two. 








No comments:

Post a Comment