Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Morning Workout: M-100s

 Sept. 1, 2020

It's the first day of September. It was rainy and cool last night. I rode my motorcycle from Chigasaki back to my hometown. Even with a rain jacket on, it felt slightly cold. The weather was rather unstable in the daytime, with sporadic rains and occasional thunder. Definitely the warm air of the going season and the cool air of the coming new season and in conflict up in the sky. Fall is near.

The sky hadn't cleared by the morning. It was in hazy gray, and the air was cool when I hit the park. A large group of elderly locals were playing filed golf. They seemed not too worried about Covid-19, though most still had their mask on. I took a walk around the track in bare feet. I was too scared to run after feeling a small pain last Thursday when I did a few fast 180 M repeats. Once warmed up, I started jogging a little. It didn't feel painful on the grass. Thinking that it may not be the same if on concrete, I continued to jog until I ran for twenty minutes. 

By then all the elderly field golf players had been gone except that now there is a different group of elderly people who were doing something that looked like tai chi. Some of them had a 'jitte' (short metal truncheon) in their hand as they practiced their moves to some 'Okinawa' music. But they did in a corner of the park, and the central area is now completely empty. I walked to the center of that empty area, and did M-100s, or mandatory one hundred.

<M-100s>

M-100s is the king of high intensity cardio. It significantly improves your cardio vascular potential by continuously hitting the high-volume muscle groups such as thighs and chest without allowing you to rest much. It's also a total body training regimen, so you can train many areas of your body. Bi-ceps and back are largely neglected, but everything else is pretty much activated. It's something you should keep up your sleeve as a special weapon to combat your body fat. 

After coming home from the workout, I fixed myself pasta with octopus with caraway seeds. I made a fairly large amount, but I finished it in a second like an elephant eats a peanut. 





No comments:

Post a Comment