Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Barefoot 15.5 K Jog in the Rain

 Sept. 22, 2020

15.5 K: 1:22:42


During the 4-day weekend I was happily buried with work. I got 4 video-editing projects done, and finished writing syllabuses for two lessons. I finally felt completely free! (though I know the freedom is destined to last until another project comes, which is very soon.) To celebrate this great feeling of freedom I went for a barefoot run in the rain and translated the positive feeling into fitness and endurance.


While running, a car driver shouted from the window of his car, "You idiot! Run on the sidewalk, not on the roadway!" I ignored him in order to avoid an unnecessary conflict. But then as soon as I got home, I went online and discovered that some of the things that I'd so customarily been doing were all WRONG!


For the benefit of those who run for fun, here are the rules and manners that all runners should keep in mind:
1) Where there are a roadway for wheeled vehicles and a sidewalk for pedestrians, runners must run non the sidewalk.
2) Runners should keep RIGHT, not LEFT, just like pedestrians. 
3) When running on a sidewalk, make sure you run near the side, and when you pass a pedestrian, keep a safe distance from the pedestrian. 
4) When running in an area crowded people, you should either slow down or stop running until congestion dissolves. 

Tomorrow is Day 1 of my new running habit. It will be kind of awkward at first to drop my previous habits and take up new ones, but I'll do my best to follow the rules because creating a conflict with car drivers is the last thing I want to do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment