Sunday, May 3, 2020

Double Training: 6 K Tempo Run @ 4:34/K

May 3, 2020

Warm Up 900 M: 6:00.74
6 K: 28:36.42 (Target=27:24.00)
Walk 900 M

Almost 11 hours after doing 2-hour LSD, I did 6 K tempo run to improve my ability to keep my new target race pace even when fatigued.


The result? Far from achieving the goal!! I was very disappointed, because I successfully completed interval training two days before, and I was expecting to see some improvement. But then I realized that running training is a lot like learning foreign languages. There is no quick fix.


I always believe there is a great benefit when you push yourself hard when you are tired. That's exactly what I did today. I may rest completely, or slowly jog for an hour or less tomorrow depending on my mood.  I got one bloody blister on my right sole from the barefoot run earlier this morning. So there is no hard running. It may take a couple of days for it to heal. I may do exercise that I can do even with a blistered sole, like throwing a tire for instance. But the weather won't be so good, according to the forecast, so it may be something I can do from home.       






No comments:

Post a Comment