Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Negishi Forest Park (根岸森林公園)

Feb. 11, 2020

Five days till the race. I'm in the tapering stage. It's National Foundation Day today. It's a national holiday. I have a day off.


I rode my bike in tandem with my bilingual companion to the Red Brick Warehouse in Yokohama. She and I had buffet lunch at Fisherman's Market operated by Kirin


After lunch we went to Negishi Forest Park. They charge you 300 yen for parking a car for every two hours, but there is no charge for motorcycles. 


It was packed with families with kids and people with dogs. Some were playing catch. Others were kicking a soccer ball around. Yet others were putting their legs up and relaxing. Some even put up their tent here and there. Looks like it's allowed. 


I took off my boots and ran barefooted. It felt awesome. 


Negishi Forest Park is hilly. I ran up some hills several times. My heart rates were immediately raised, the heart pounding like a drum.


The sky was cloudless. The winds were a bit chilly, but the sun was strong, and it kept me warm enough even with my sweater off after ten minutes of jogging and hill sprints. 


After leaving the park, I dropped my bilingual companion off at JR Negishi Station, and headed back home, driving along the Yokohane Line of the Metropolitan Expressway, and later into the Wangan Line.

At night I jogged 10 K in aqua shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment