Friday, February 7, 2020

One-Hour Barefoot Jog

Feb. 7, 2020
10.5  K: 1:03:39

Nine days till the 54th Ohme 30 K Road Race. The hardest training, which is the interval training two days ago, is over, and I'm in tapering stage. Tonight I just went out for a slow jog after coming home from work. It was freezing, but I hit the road in bare feet. The main purpose is to acclimatization. I'm running the race without shoes, so I want my soles to be used to that condition. It takes a few days for them to recover from the damage. But when they do, they will have grown tougher. Several days before the race I stop running without shoes just to be on the safe side. Last year the night before running the Sakura Marathon, I went to the venue and test-ran the last several ten kilometers in bare feet. The following morning they were still slightly sore. Halfway into the race, they got hyper-sensitive. And the rest was a disaster. I will never make the same mistake again.



No comments:

Post a Comment