Sunday, October 27, 2019

Saturday Midnight 30 K Run in Hand-Made Huaraches

Oct. 26, 2019
<Tempo Run>
13.1 K: 1:12:11
13.1 K: 1:09:14 
Subtotal 26.2 K: 2:21:26
<Warm Down>
3.8 K: 28:50.10
Total 30 K: 2:50:16.10

I ran 30 K in huaraches on Saturday night. I was exhausted and sleep after coming home from work. So I took a nap after dinner before getting out for a run.


The huaraches that I ran in tonight are made with second-hand in-soles and rope sold at out-door shops. 


They are thin and light, perfect for a minimalist runner such as myself. 


I first ran a 9.9 K course leading to the Kashiwai Water Treatment Plant. I then covered a combination of a 2.2 K and a 1 K loop twice. 



After that I returned the same 9.9 course. It's a solid 26.2 K run. 

I was so hungry when I got home. I got inside and grabbed a few pieces of fruits. This lifted my spirits. I went out again to jog another 3.8 K to make it a 30 K run. 
That I did, with my legs aching and soles sore. But when I finally got home after running those extra miles, I suddenly felt light, with all the pain mysteriously forgotten. 

That night I took a warm long bath that almost reached the point being heavenly. 

The following day, with my weekend athletic mission already accomplished, I went out for a pleasant bike ride to Chigasaki. The sunset seen from the metropolitan highway Yokohane Line was dramatic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment