Sunday, October 13, 2019

1.5 Hour Run

Oct. 13, 2019
1:30:25: 16.76 K

The day after Eliud Kipchoge and his team made history by breaking the last barrier of modern athletics in the Ineos 1:59 Challenge, I was full of high spirit, ready to hit the road to prepare my mindbody for the races that I'm scheduled to run in November and December.

Ordinarily, I would do a tempo run, but I wasn't able to train for a couple of days due to a typhoon, so I decided to begin with a jog.


The air after the typhoon's gone was nice and dry. The temperature rose gradually as I ran, but I kind of enjoyed it. I wanted to run in bare feet, but I'm still treating a blister in my right sole, so for minimum protection I put on split-toe minimalist shoes MUTEKI. (See below.)


I ran the new 6 K course below that I recently discovered on Google Map. I like it for a number of reasons:
1) I don't need worry about traffic much.
2) There are a few parks along the course where tap water and toilets are available.
3) It's rich in undulation.
4) There aren't too many twist and turns. 


I ran the course twice and ran extra 3 K in the park near my house. It's all grass and felt good for my knees and feet after banging on the concrete. I covered 16.76 K in 1:30:25. Perfect conditioning workout to bring the mindbody back to racing mode.  

Tonight I hope to run again. I want to do three sets of a 6 K tempo run with the target lap being 29:30. I'll probably do it after watching the rugby game between Japan and Scotland. 



No comments:

Post a Comment