Sunday, October 20, 2019

Morning Jog & Sprints

Oct. 21, 2019

It's been 8 days since I ran last. I've been busy with corporate seminars and chosen to focus on work while compromising on long-distance training. Now that the hardest period is over, and also that going for a long bike ride on my day off allowed me to recharge my body's batteries, I finally threw myself into my running gear and hit the nearby park for a jog and sprints. 


I ran a  500-M loop in the park 8 times to cover 4 K, and did 4 short sprints with each preceded by 5 hand-clap push-ups.


I'm not an early riser. I am more nocturnal. But that doesn't not mean I don't enjoy running in the morning. In fact, I love running in the morning. But I  work between 12:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. and get back home around 11:30 p.m. Waking up before dawn would only give me several hours of sleep. I don't find it enough. I need minimum 7 hours of sleep, preferably 8. So I have chosen to run at night and wake up late in the morning. It works for me . But whenever I get to hit the bed early, I'll try to wake up early and work out in the morning.

Tomorrow is off. I can sleep late. It doesn't matter how much I work out tonight. I hope to go for a long run tonight to make up for the absence of training in the past 8 days. In exactly one month, I have a 10 K race. I aim at breaking the 41 minute barrier. It's no big deal for many citizen runners. But it's a huge challenge for me. Years back I would never have imagined that I would even consider reaching there. But constant effort has brought me to the point where not only do I want to give it a shot, but also I feel it's doable if I put my mind and body to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment