Saturday, June 29, 2019

15 K Barefoot Build Up in the Rain

June 30, 2019
6.3 K: 31:34.52 (5:00/K)
5 K: 26:30.61 (4:42/K)
4.3 K: 19:55.34 (4:38/K)
15.6 K: 1:15:00 (4:48/K)
When I woke up this morning, it was drizzling.
Perfect a barefoot run!


I left home at a comfortable pace of around 5:00/K, and reached the 5 K loop in Yuhkarigaoka in about 31 minutes.


From there I picked up the pace, aiming to make it around the loop under 24:50. It's sub 3.5 marathon pace. I ran the loop well under the target. But it has its own price. 

While I was originally aiming to increase my pace even more in the remaining 4.3 K, that faster-than-planned pace took a toll on me. My legs were heavy, and otherwise easy upward inclines seemed like heartbreak hills!

I did my best hold the pace, but when I finally reached home, I was afraid the pace in the last section was perhaps worse than the pace while running the loop.

Later I discovered that it wasn't so. It was a relief. I'm definitely becoming faster mainly thanks to interval training, but holding that pace for two~three hours is another story. My goal in June is to build long distance endurance. I will be doing a lot of easy running late at night where the minimum running time is an hour and a half, and ideally for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment