Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday Night Intervals: 3 K + 2 K + 1 K

I did intervals after jogging for twentyinutes.

It's 3 K, one-minute break, 2 K, and another one-minute break, and 1 K.

Target pace is 4:30/K in all three sessions. The target time for 3 K therefor is 13:30. That for 2 K is 9:00.

Tonight for the first time I came under the target time in all three:

3 K: 13:07.68
Rest: 1:00.60
2 K: 8:45.71
Rest: 1:00.15
1 K: 4:05.95

I was so happy that I jogged a little longer after the intervals than I originally planned. I ran 26 minutes instead of just 20 minutes, and ran 4 K instead of just 3 K which is how long I ran for warm up.

Tonight I ran 13 K in total, six of which are from the intervals, and seven are from jogging.

Tomorrow I will jog 6 K. And this weekend I am going to skip training, because I have other priorities such as hosting a friend from Australia and going for a drink with my runner friends and so on. But hopefully next Monday I will run 25 K to make up for the absence of training on the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment