Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Recent Training

While I was away on a week-long trip to Tohoku, I didn't run at all. That doesn't mean I was out of fit. All throughout the trip up in the north, I was snorkeling and skin-diving all the time. There was a lot of paddling and cardio activity. So I was not unfit at all. However, swimming and running are not exactly the same ball game, so once I'm back from the trip, I immediately started tuning my body into running mode.

Aug. 21: 4.6 K 26:01 (morning)
Aug. 22: 5 K 29:28 (night)
Aug. 23: 6 K: 37.05:38 (morning)

All three practice runs were in bare feet. In the third one, the sun was already high when I hit the road, and the road was hot, and I got my soles slightly burned. I may need to put on my running socks next time I run in a similar condition. But it will be cooler as fall comes near, so it may be be too much of a problem as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment