Thursday, August 30, 2018

Circuit Training Followed by 10 K Barefoot Hill Run


I did body weight circuit training on Tuesday night after coming home from work. It's three sets of four exercises: handstand, dynamic arm hang, single-hand push up, and swimmers. Handstand is mainly to hit the shoulders, traps, and core. Dynamic arm hang is for forearms, biceps, and lats. Single-hand push up is apparently for chest, triceps, and core, but it engages inner thighs as well. And swimmers are for the back of the shoulders and back. As you see the training hits pretty much everything but legs, because I was going to run after that. The reason I did such intensive muscle training prior to running is that I wanted to consume glycogen in my body, so that it would start burning body fat soon after I started running.

After the body weight circuit training was over, I hit the road for a jog in bare feet. I was originally planning to run the 6 K shuttle course once, but as I went along, I felt good, so I decided to add four 1 K repeats through a hilly road to cover 10 K in total in 1:04.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment