Thursday, August 23, 2018

Double Training: Total 19 K

I ran 6 K in bare feet this morning in 37:05.38. I also had a practice run in the evening after coming home from work. Together they made double training.

In the evening session I did intervals. I began with a 20-minute jog as usual. After a brief break of 2:32.14, I started off for the first fast run: 3 K @ 4:30/K pace. Should I be able to keep that pace, I will finish at 13:30. But it took me 14:08.69. It means I ran each K at an average pace of 4:42/K. It's far slower than what I aimed at. It's probably because I controlled the pace too much, because last time I did intervals, I did the first 3 K run too fast, and ran out of gas in the middle of the following 2 K run. I didn't want that to happen again. So I tried to save the energy to survive throughout the entire three runs. And I ended up saving too much.

But thanks to the slightly slow pace in the 3 K run, the following 2 K run after a short break for one minute was good. I ran it in 8:54.85 while the target was 9:00.00.

The last ran was 1 K. And although the minimum target is 4:30/K, I'm supposed to kick if I can, trying to go beyond my limit. But as soon as I set off, my legs were heavy due to building lactic acid. I wanted to cry with frustration, but I grit my teeth and carried on, and in the last stretch leading to the finish, I kicked, taking wider strides than before to increase the pace. My watch said 4:14.19 when I finished. At least I came under 4:30. I was glad I didn't give up.

After taking a short break for 2:14.40, I jogged for 20 more minutes to warm down.

So I ran 6 K in the morning, and in the evening jogged 3.5 K, ran 6 K fast (intervals), and jogged 3.5 K after that. So the total distance has reached 19 K today. Not bad.

Tomorrow I will jog for an hour or so if I'm in a mood. If I feel fatigued, I will do some stretching and skip running training to save energy for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment