Thursday, November 16, 2017

Midnight Barefoot 3 K Build-Up

As part of my final phase conditioning toward the 10 K road race held this coming Sunday, I did 3 K build-up tonight after coming home from work. I ran barefoot as I'm determined to run the race without shoes.

This year my target pace for full marathon, half marathon, and 10 K is 5'11'', 4'42'', and 4'11" respectively. So I aimed at the first for the first K, and the second for the next, and the last for the last lap.

The result is as shown below:
1st lap: 4:46.98
2nd lap: 4:26.54
3rd lap: 4:03.25.

The time was a lot better for each lap than originally planned. I went home, took a warm bath, and gave both of my calves a good massage.

I'm going to give my legs a full rest tomorrow. I may do some body weight upper body exercise just to stay fit, but I'm not going to over do it. Too much exercise could fatigue the upper body, forcing my body to use much of the nutrition for the recovery of the fatigued upper body, thus delaying the recovery of my legs. That's the last thing I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment