Monday, January 25, 2016

Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2016

On Jan.31 Tateyama Wakashio Marathon takes place in Tateyama, Chiba.
I'm joining the event for the first time.
The course is well-known for beautiful views of the sea.
But it is also famous for a number of challenges it imposes on runners.
The biggest of all is a 500 M hill climb near the 30 K mark.
There are many other ups and downs from the 25 K point on.
Successfully completing the race depends largely on
how to pace yourself through them.

With five days remaining,
I am planning to do precisely as I did
for the half marathon I ran this past Sunday.
A 4 K build-up run on Wednesday
to stimulate leg muscles,
and a 3 K fast run either on Friday or Saturday night.

The regimen worked so well of the half marathon.
I hope it will for the full as well.

http://www.tateyama-wakasio.jp/course/

No comments:

Post a Comment