Thursday, January 21, 2016

1.3 K × 3 Sets Build-Up Training

With three days remaining before Sansupo Chiba Marine Marathon on Sunday,
I did build-up training.
It's a training mainly focusing on speed.
After brief jogging for warm up,
you run 1.3 K three sets,
each time trying to improve your time by 5 seconds from the previous set.
The last lap is always the hardest.
But when the workout is done,
you will find yourself in a state of ultimate euphoria.

Tonight my first lap is 6:04, and slightly slower than my original goal,
but I caught up in the second, and last lap,
so in the end I was able to cover 3.9 K in 17 minutes 39 seconds.
After taking a shower, I had an orange, a piece of apple, aged black garlic
with a small glass of red wine.
While having the orange, I was engulfed by that euphoric mood,
and it lasted way over an hour after the post-workout snack...

No comments:

Post a Comment