Monday, January 17, 2022

Midnight One-Hour Jog

Jan. 17, 2022

0.72 K: 4:56.04

10 K: 52:07.36

0.72 K: 6:10.45

Total 11.44 K: 1:03:13

After dinner I had a mental rehearsal for an important corporate sesminar scheduled for tomorrow. It went well. I made a few minor adjustments. But after that everything looks all set. After the rehearsal I drafted two meeting documents and emalied them to my boss. A meeting is scheduled after the corporate seminar. I'm excited to discuss our vision for the new year. 

Since I was pretty much done for what's on my to-do-list for today, I decided to reward myself with some good endurance training. Two nights before I ran 10 K, and it didn't cause me any post-training discomfort. So, I put myself to another test to see if my body was ready for a similar training intensity after a two-day interval.

The result? Awesome. The entire run was pain-free. I even ran a little faster (though I should be more careful for that matter).

Breathing was still not so easy. And there was lingering soreness resulting from the run two nights ago. But nonetheless I am hopeful for the prospect of doing it more often. 

While running tonight, by the way, I listened to Brian Tracy's lecture on leadership. The lecture is imprtant for me because I can get some useful tips that I can share with my clients who take my seminar tomorrow. I always listen to Brian's lectures the night before an important seminar, usually as I run. Most of the time it gives me such relevant last-minute input that I can use in the seminar. Hat tipped to Brain! The lecture tonight got me thinking that I want to remind those who volunteer to be the leader in group work that the most important two questions they can ask themselves once they volunteer to be the leader of their group are as follows:

1) What do my team members know that helps accomplish the given task?

2) What do I want each member to do to accomplish the task?

I hope prospective leaders in tomorrow's seminar will find them useful.








No comments:

Post a Comment