Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Midnight Barefoot Run

Jun.15, 2021

0.9 K: 5:06.71

10 K: 53:47.00

0.9 K: 5:23.33

Total 11.8 K: 1:04:17


I hit the road in bare feet. It felt insanely refreshing. As I ran, I remembered those days with a bitter smile when there was still more pain and discomfort than pleasure. Those days are gone. 

I felt particularly strong when running up long hills. I could not immediately attribute that almost omnipotent feeling to anything, except perhaps that body weight muscle training that I had done a few days before which included 20 jumping squats. 
 

I ran at a pace far slower than my usual tempo run, but slightly faster than a regular jog. I don't know where to locate it in my overall training system. I guess it's kind of a prelude to a tempo run that I would like to do tomorrow if I am not too sleep after coming home from work. 

I listened to a TED presentation by Dr. Bert Herring while running tonight together with a bunch of other short lectures by Brian Tracy.      

Dr. Herring is a physician who advocates a dietary recommendation called "fast-5". What it basically says is that whatever you eat, eat within a five-hour window. It helps you put your appetite under control. As a result, you can keep your body weight under control easily. His presentation, though, goes far beyond discussing how to eat. He places diet in a much larger configuration of diet, social interactions, active lifestyle, and constant learning. 

Dr. Herring is not an animated speaker, but very humorous in a deadpan sort of way. I highly recommend my readers to listen to his TED presentation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment