Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Midnight 10 K Hill Tempo Run

Jun. 16, 2021

Warm Up 0.9 K: 5:30.11
10 K Tempo Run: 45:39.97 (Target=45:50.00)
Rest: 1:00.58
Warm Down 0.9 K: 6:50.66
Total 11.8 K: 59:01.32 

I had a good day. I taught two lessons. In each of them I met a new student. It's always very exciting to welcome a new comer. Both seem to have had fun, largely thanks to support from regular students and their positive vibes. It's going to take a while for them to feel settled in. But I'll do my best to make them feel at home. 

I got home a quarter to 1:00 a.m. The temperature was around 20 degrees Celsius. There were slight northerly winds. But other than that, it seemed a perfect condition for a fast run. I changed into very light running gear, a NIKE singlet and very short adidas pants, sort of symbolizing my determination to run under the target. 


Last time, I started off at an easy pace and gradually picked up pace toward the end. Tonight I went with a different approach. I ran major downhills in the first half fairly aggressively to slash time. I didn't go too bullish on upward inclines. But it took a while for me to catch my breath after the hill section was over. I am afraid the fast pace in downhill sections took a toll on my cardio. 


Somehow easy breathing didn't come back until the end of tempo run, and I had to sort of cope with it throughout the second half. But I managed to kick in the last few hundred meters to successfully finish under the target. 

Tomorrow I hope to do a recovery run for an hour or so. I want to find a good audio lecture to listen to while jogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment