Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Midnight 10 K Hill Tempo Run

Jun. 2, 2021

Warm up 0.5 K: 3:34.17

10 K hill tempo run: 45:46.51 (Target: 45:50.00)

Rest: 59.87

Warm down: 1.55 K: 10:31.87

Total 12.05 K: 1:00:52 

My last lesson for the day ended at 10:30 p.m. I left work at 11:05 p.m. An hour and a half train ride got me home shortly before 1:00 a.m. I quickly changed into my running gear, had a glass of cold tea, and got out for a run.


I wanted to run a very hilly course. I wanted to test how strong I had become after the interval training on the night of 28th. 

After jogging for 500 meter, I set off for a 10 K hill tempo run on the course below.


I went easy at first. I didn't want to burn out by going too bullish right from the start. I was particularly careful not to raise my heart rates too high when running upward inclines. It could take a toll on my legs and breathing in the latter half. 

Thanks to my careful pacing, around halfway point, which is probably the highest point in the course after which the course is basically gradually going down, I was able to significantly inject pace. 

Legs were light and strong, thanks to a good rest after the intervals. But breathing wasn't too easy. I had to manage it well to settle into my comfort zone. It could be a giant double cheeseburger that I had eaten two hours before...

When I reached the finish point, the watch said 45 something. I had forgotten my target and thought the target was 44 something. My heart sank. But as always, I consoled my disappointed soul by saying, "It's still better than not trying. "

Later when I checked my target in my running bible, it was 45:50.00. My time tonight is 45:46.51. So, I had made it after all. Suddenly, I felt like I could run another 10 K! But of course, I didn't, because I have lessons to teach tomorrow. I must recharge my body's batteries by having a good night's sleep.



 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment