Tuesday, October 20, 2020

12 K Run

Oct 21, 2020

12 K: 1:02:00


As I get older, it takes longer and longer to recover from hard training. A few years ago, regular muscle training would almost never be a limiting factor in long-distance training. But now it does. So I need to calculate its effect to continue long-distance training on a regular basis. 

Anyhow, almost after a week from my last run, I finally hit the road for a one-hour jog. 


I jogged a 6 K shuttle course rich in undulation first, and then 900 M before completing it, opted into a 6 K loop also rich in undulation, and finally completed the remaining 900 M of the first shuttle course to cover 12 K.


I ran in aqua shoes with little cushioning. I enjoy the direct impact of each landing. It's something you could never possibly feel if your feet are well-protected with cushioning. I feel my feet get stronger with each step.

I surged in the last 900 M for a little extra cardio benefit. I visualized the last K in the Ohme 30 K Road Race. It offers one of the most dramatic finishes of all races. Someday when the Corona-pandemic is no more, I will run the race again for a strong finish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment