Monday, August 3, 2020

10 K Jog Combined with Body Weight Muscle Training in the Scorching Summer Heat

August 3, 2020


As my birthday comes closer and closer, I feel a tremendous amount of energy well up from with in. Though the sun was high and heat was unbearable to most this afternoon, I found myself throwing myself into my running gear when I got a part of    a project finished, and marching toward the nearby park in flip-flops, which were soon to be taken off once I got there.

The park was empty except for a young man who was working on agility by maneuvering with quick steps through plenty of round yellow objects placed on the ground at regular intervals. He appears to be one of those people who enjoy training when most others don't. I felt slight kinship with the young man.

There is a little platform in the park next to the parking lot. As soon as I got there, I took of my flip-flops, put them on the platform, and set off for a jog. One lap around the walking track in the park is 500 M. My goal today is to 4 laps to cover 2 K and then do some body weight muscle training, and go back to run 2 K again, and then do another kind of muscle training, and repeat this cycle until I hit 10 K.

To make a long story short, it was good training. The details are shown below:

2 K: 10.55.89
Body weight muscle training (1): 20 jumping squats: 45.05
2 K: 14:16.66
Body weight muscle training (2): 20 hand-clap push-ups: 59.35
2 K: 11:42.47
Body weight muscle training (3): isometric training 10 reps by 3 kinds:1:36.14
2 K: 11:51.56
Body weight muscle training (4): crossover knee-to-elbows 20 reps by 2 sets:2:38.70
2 K: 12:28.46
Body weight muscle training (5): pike push-ups 12 reps + 10 reps + 8 reps +6 reps=36 reps: 2:17.43
Total 10 K 1:09:31

When I stepped on the scale after a shower, I weighed 61 kg. That's 1 kg lighter than my regular weight. I didn't feel light, but there seems to be some tremendous fat-burning effect in combining long-slow cardio with high intensity body weight muscle training. I think I should do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment