Thursday, August 6, 2020

One-Hour Park Workout

Aug. 6, 2020
2 K: 11:23.57
High intensity cardio: 2 sets by 1 minute: 2:53.49
2 K: 11:36.15
High intensity cardio: 2 sets by 1 minute: 2:59.07
2 K: 11:25.04
High intensity cardio: 2 sets by 1 minute: 2:55.60
3 K: 17:54.40
Total 9 K: 1:01:07

It was such a beautiful late afternoon. The western sky was burning red with the setting sun. The air was gradually cooling, and locals came in twos and threes to the park for a pre-dinner light exercise as my training progressed. I love working out in the summer heat, especially receiving the rays of the sun on my body while doing it. I love that quiet couple of minutes right after the exercise, where all you can hear is your heart beat, pounding fast and strong. I feel alive. I love showering my arms and legs with tap water too. Exercise makes simple things like this incredibly special. People say, "I can't stand tap water. All I can take is Evian," or something along that line. But here tap water is special. Tap water is the King. You cannot replace tap water with Evian or Contrex. A lavish splash of tap-freakin'-water is the only consolation to your aching muscles. 

After taking a shower at home, you throw yourself in a loose "Life is good" T-shirt and CaRiLOHa shorts and relax on your favorite chair, with your skin completely dry, not a sign of sweating though the thermometer still reads 28 degrees Celsius. I love this moment too. Your body feels warm, but pleasantly dry, just like right after swimming in a pool on a hot summer day. Everything feels just perfect after park workout on a hot summer late afternoon. You should try it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment