Thursday, June 4, 2020

Midnight 10 K Barefoot Jog

June 4, 2020

5.1 K: 28:29.57
5.1 K: 26:49.21
2.5 K: 11:47.79
Total 12.7 K: 1:07:06

Two days after a barefoot LSD I felt recovered, so I decided to go for a jog. There was a slight discomfort in the right foot after the previous training session, but it's gone, so I hit the road without shoes. But of course in a more positive sense I wanted that direct contact with the ground.


The streets were deserted. I saw tired office workers coming back from work only a few times, but other than that I kept the midnight streets all to myself. It felt good.


I opted for a 5.1 K round-trip course with a long slope right before and after the turn point. I run the course when I don't feel like to go too far away from home, but want to run at least 10 K. It goes round and round in a relatively small area to cover a long distance. It's also rich in undulation, allowing you to develop various running skills and develop cardio.

After reaching the turn point I picked up the pace a little, hoping to run a negative split, which I think I did successfully. 


When I got home, it was still within one hour, and I was still full of legs, so I went on to run another 2.5 K near my house, surging in the last K as is recommended by late Yoshio Koide, former coach of Naoko Takahashi who is the gold medalist in the women's marathon of the Sydney Olympics.

Overall I felt significantly lighter than before the LSD two days ago. Breathing was much easier. Keeping a brisk pace felt easier also. Tomorrow night I want to do some speed training. It will be either intervals or tempo run. Cannot wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment