Thursday, December 7, 2017

Post-Race Barefoot Recovery Run: 6 K

I ran barefoot after coming home from work. It was my first practice run after running the half marathon in Hadano this past Sunday. I ran barefoot because I didn't want to lose my touch on running without shoes. Running in comfortable shoes always has a risk of making me go back to an inefficient running form.

Tonight I only ran 6 K. I didn't run a long distance, because it's hard to muster up motivation to do so after giving all I had to a big race. I always start with a short distance, and slowly build from there over a long period of time.

I may double the distance next time I run, and do so barefoot again. Or I may run a longer distance in minimalist shoes. I don't know which to do yet. I'll go with the flow. I'm still somewhat burned out from the previous race, and do not feel like making my training to regimental yet.

Today I ran the distance above in 32:43.59. My butt still hurt from the high intensity cardio I had done on Tuesday night, but it didn't bother me at all. Muscle soreness is often lightened by moderate exercise, because blood flow increases, and that helps get rid of lactic acid in the sore muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment