Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Midnight 10 K Barefoot Run with Hill Repeats

I ran 10 K after coming home from work. I ran barefoot, because it feels the best.  I jogged 2 K to my favorite hilly 1 K stretch. I then did six 1 K hill repeats. After that I jogged back home. It was a relatively warm night with little wind. The road felt a bit chilly at first, but after running a little while, I got used to it. Doing hill repeats barefoot was easier than before. One reason is that my soles got tougher. Another reason is that landing shock was minimum, and so was friction between the sole and the road thanks to increased running efficiency resulting from regular barefoot running. I'm now beginning to enjoy this positive cycle of running barefoot and becoming stronger, and enjoying running barefoot more and becoming even stronger. My tentative goal is increasing barefoot mileage. Last time I ran 6 K. Tonight I ran 10 K. Hopefully, I will run 12 K or more without wearing shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment