Sunday, August 21, 2022

10 K Barefoot Jog on Grass / 10㌔裸足走

Aug. 21, 2022


I completed another pain-free barefoot jog on grass. It is part of my on-going rehabilitative effort to someday run a marathon in bare feet again. Today I comfortably covered 10 K in about one hour. I am happy. 

I had been sore from body weight muscle training that I had done 3 days before. The soreness almost receded by this late afternoon. So after prepping for a couple of lessons that I'm scheduled to teach next week, I hit a nearby park for a run.

It was past 5:00 p.m. when I got to the park. It was busy with locals, some taking a walk, others practicing soccer, and yet others playing with hand-made stings hanging on branches of cherry trees.

I started off without pre-determining how far I would go. I ran at an easy pace. Much slower than usual. 

I listened, while running, to a few different lectures all by biological anthropologist, Helen Fisher. She is one of a number of academics that I like. She discovered biological proof for different social styles. One thing that I learned from her is that people are sometimes hard to deal with not because they intend to give you a hard time (though it is possible that in some case they do), but because that's who they are. She makes to become more open-minded to people whose personality types are largely different from mine, which is a good thing, because I can avoid unnecessary friction with others. 

Anyhow, back to talking about running, because I ran at such an easy pace, I still felt full of energy after running 8 K, so I decided to increase the pace and finish fast at the end, which I did. I was expecting a 1:02-ish finish. But the time was well under 1:01. But time is not so important at this stage of rehab. Distance. That's more important. I want to be used to running longer distances. But I'm in no hurry. What took long to lose will take long to recover. I'm going to go slow. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment