Monday, December 6, 2021

Rehabilitative Night Jog in Bare Feet

Dec. 6, 2021

I hit a nearby park for a jog after dinner. It was pitch black, and not a single soul could be seen. I ran 5 K on the grass and woodchips. I ran with shoes on. The pace was easy, 'cause I'm still on recovery phase, not completely recovered.  

After running about  3 K I started regretting that I had the shoes on. My toe started hurting a little. I coped with the discomfort for another 2 K, but then when I reached 5 K, I made a short stop to take off my shoes and socks all together, and put them in the bush so that no one would steal them, though it's highly unlikely that anyone would steal a stranger's worn-out shoes with a crumpled sock in each...

Once barefooted, I felt so much better. Though I knew I shouldn't, I found myself naturally picking up the pace a little, which is revealed in the fastest time in the 6th lap. 

Funny, while I was running for my 3rd K, I felt heavy and didn't think I would make any longer than 5 K. I thought, "Five is enough for the day." But then, once the shoes were taken off, I felt like a new man. I felt re-born. I felt renewed motivation well up from within. I'm like, "Where the heck is all this energy coming from?"

Before I knew, I had run for an hour to cover 11 K. Phew! It was a blast!         

<With Minimalist Shoes On>
1st K: 6:03.44
2nd K: 5:47.13
3rd K: 5:53.76
4th K: 5:58.99
5th K: 5:45.27
******************
Sub-total 5 K: 29:27



********************************
<In Bare Feet>
6th K: 5:35.54
7th K: 5:42.56
8th K: 5:41.12
9th K: 5:42.16
10th K: 5:44.64
11th K: 5:55.91
*****************
Total 11 K: 1:03:50 




No comments:

Post a Comment