Sunday, January 14, 2018

Triple Training: Total 43 K (24 K+12 K+7 K)



I did triple training to cover a total of 43 K. In triple training you have three sessions in one day. I do this when I don't feel motivated enough to run a challenging distance in one go. Running a distance beyond full marathon distance was important for me today, because in two weeks' time I have a full marathon, and it gives me sort of a security blanket to run beyond the race distance.

Originally I wanted to make it double training of a 30 K session before dinner and another session after dinner. But I couldn't go further than 24 K in the first session before dinner. And in the second session after dinner I ran out of gas after running 12 K. At this moment I was so out of gas, and COLD too. Wanting to have something sweet, I walked to a nearby drugstore to buy sponge cakes with raisins in them. I went home and sat in front of the heater as I munched a couple of sponge cakes. Before I knew it, an hour had passed! I mustered up all of my energy to go for the third session to run 6 more kilometers to make today's total 42 K. An hour break gave me the strength to go on. When I got home, just in order to make it genuinely "beyond full marathon distance" I went round a quarter-pie-shaped loop near my house to run extra one kilometer to make the total 43 K. I was so glad when I completed it.

The details of today's triple training is shown below:
<Session 1>
6 K: 34:28.24
P-break: 2:34.83
6 K: 35:57.89
Water break: 2:00.00
6 K: 34:07.04
Food break: 4:54.48
6 K: 36:24.43
Ice cream break: 2:00.00
Dinner: 1:00:00
<Session 2>
6 K: 36:17.13
Food break: 8:06.76
6 K: 36:12.60
Coco&sponge cake break: 1:04:19
<Session 3>
6 K: 34:40.13
Extra 1 K: 5:29.44
Total 43 K 

I'm not going to have any serious training before the half marathon race next Sunday. All I will do is just minor conditioning stuff such as 3 K build up, or 3 K pace run. Basically, the purpose is to keep the cardio-vascular system from being too lazy. I won't run beyond 3 K, because I don't want to get my legs too fatigued. I have given them enough stimulus. I will give them time to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment