Friday, January 20, 2017

3 K Build-Up

I did 3 K build-up training on Thursday night.
In this training you start off at a comfortable pace first,
and once you have covered your first 1 K,
from the next lap on, you slowly increase your pace
after each lap.
I did this training to quickly stimulate my cardio-vascular system
without tiring my legs too much.
The laps were as follows:
1st K: 5:09.40
2nd K: 4:53.05
3rd K: 4:26.31
Total 3K: 14:28.76

My next training is on Saturday night.
I'm planning to do 3 K pace run.
In this training I'm simply going to run 3 K at an even pace of 4:30,
slightly faster than my half marathon pace.
Again, the purpose is pretty much the same--stimulate cardio without tiring the legs.
It's going to be the last training session before the half marathon race this coming Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment