Saturday, February 6, 2016

Interval Training: Mixed Ks

I did 10 × 1 K interval training today.
I mixed three different paces: marathon pace, half-marathon pace, and 10 K pace.
I ran the first set at marathon pace, 5:40/K,
took a 30-second rest,
and quickly set off for the second set,
which was run at half-marathon pace, 4:50/K.
I took a little longer rest, a minute, after finishing the half-marathon pace K.
The third set was run at 10 K pace,
which is 4:30/K.
The rest after the 10 K pace run is the longest, two minutes.
After taking the rest I repeated the same cycle two more time,
and wrapped up the training by running the last set
at marathon pace again.
It took me 59 minutes 17 seconds to finish today's training.
It was challenging, but not painful.
A good thing about mixed Ks is
that you can activate different systems in one training,
by changing the pace.
Also, running at a fast is less painful
because you progressively increase the challenge.
Plus, the duration of the rest is adjusted
depending on the pace.
I would like to do it again.
Hopefully, I can cover 12 K next time.
We'll see...

Today's result is as follows:

Set 1: 5:15
Set 2: 4:35
Set 3: 4:22
Set 4: 5:13
Set 5: 4:45
Set 6: 4:22
Set 7: 5:29
Set 8: 4:42
Set 9: 4:27
Set 10: 5:27


No comments:

Post a Comment