Friday, February 26, 2016

Cruise K's (5K)

I did cruise K's.
It's 5 sets of 1 K with alternate intervals of 30 seconds and 60 seconds.
I began with 1 K and a 30-second rest.
I then ran another 1 K, but this time I took a one-minute rest
before doing my third set.

One benefit of alternating a short rest and one that's slightly longer
is that the longer rest feels like an incentive after doing the set.
When two sets are compared, one after a shorter rest and the other after a longer rest,
the set after the shorter rest is harder.
But since the longer rest is waiting after the set,
you can keep your motivation.

It's much more motivating than doing all the sets with the same interval.

Today I ran all sets at my half-marathon pace,
which is 4:50/K.

You can find my result today below:

1st Set 4:45
Rest 30 seconds
2nd Set 4:35
Rest 60 seconds
3rd Set 4:41
Rest 30 seconds
4th Set 4:43
Rest 60 seonds
5th Set 4:48

I was originally planning to cover 10 K,
but I felt I did enough for the night.
Plus I was expecting an early start Saturday morning,
so I called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment