Tuesday, February 16, 2016

3.9 K Build-Up Training

With five more days remaining before the 50th Ohme 30 K Road Race
I did 3.9 build-up training to stimulate my leg muscles and cardio vascular system.
I started off at my half marathon pace, going around a 650 M track twice in 6:17.
In the next lap I increased the pace by 13 seconds to finish at 6:04.
In the last lap I increased the pace even further, aiming to cover 1.3 K in 5:51,
but ended up coming back in 5:40!
That's equivalent to running 1 K in 4:21. Not bad at all.

There was not the kind of pain I had felt in the 40+ K run this past Saturday.
In fact, there was no pain at all in any of my leg joints, muscles, and tendons.
It's a pretty promising sign.
The only thing I should be careful of is not overdoing.
I am going to give my legs a good rest tomorrow.
Some core training is the only exercise that's scheduled.
It's mainly body weight, and doesn't put too much stress
on the leg muscles used in running.
Intensity is not so high either.
It's just some light exercise scheduled in the morning
that I do to wake myself up and get in gear.

My next running training is the last before the race.
It's scheduled on Friday night.
It's 3 K pace run just to stimulate the leg muscles and cardio.
Anything that beyond that distance in my case have the risk of
leaving unrecoverable fatigue in the legs,
and should be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment