Monday, July 25, 2022

Midnight Rehab Run & Walk

Jul. 25, 2022


I ran and walked tonight. It felt awesome. 

There is a park 4 K from home. There are monkey bars there where I can do chin ups and pull ups. I aimed there on foot. 

I walked thought a woods where you can see beetles enjoying having sap from a kind of oak tree called 'kunugi'. There were plenty tonight. It reminds of my childhood. I would collect a whole bunch of them every summer, and enjoyed keeping them as pets. Now all I need is see them be. 

A 50-minute walk got me to the park. I did some eccentric pull-ups to fire up my upper body.  

I ran back home at a very slow pace. I don't want to risk another injury. I ran carefully as I probed how my recovering knee would react to various landing impacts. A slight iffiness remained, but not to the extent where I had to stop running completely. It's a feeling that I could cope with. 

Toward the end of the run there was a moment when everything just seemed to flow. It was a great feeling, something that had been long forgotten...

Walk 4.01 K: 52:35.68
Run 3.53 K: 22:18.59
Total 7.54 K: 1:14:56





No comments:

Post a Comment