Friday, July 1, 2022

Midnight 10 K Jog

 Jul. 1, 2022


It was sizzling hot today. I waited until late at night for the temperature to come down to a level that's good for a run. But at some point I gave up 'cause the temperaure stayed rather high till around midnight. So, I just went ahead and hit the road while it's still hot and humid. 

I tried a new route to discover a new regular training course. I had a few conditions on my mind. One is I don't want to go too far from home. Two is I'm always close enough to a public toilet and tap water. Three is it's rich in undulation. In other words, it's not boreingly flat. 

As a result, I found out the out and return course shown in the map above. The farthest point from home is 3 K out, and it's still 2 K to the nearest convenient store. So, it's not too far. Much of the time I run around home. So, if I don't feel right, or nature calls, I can easily go home and take care of myself. I like the new course!

I am still in rehab mode, so I took short strides and ran very slowly, paying careful attention to my running form, especially to the alignment of the legs. My left foot tends to land slightly inward rather than straigntly downward. When that happens, the medial meniscus receives greater pressure than when the foot lands perpendicularly from the hip joint. So I kept that in check while running.   

Overall, the session was good. I felt exhausted toward the end though the pace was pathetically slow. But there is no shame in that. It's only natural. I've been away from running for so long. What I lost over a long period of time, I need to recover by spending exactly the same amount of time for it to be lost. I'm going to go slow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment