Thursday, March 12, 2020

Eighty-Four-Minute Midnight Cycling with Ten 170 M Hill Repeats

March 12, 2020

I hit the road on my bike tonight. The interval training last night was so refreshing that I couldn't resist pedaling down the road again. 

I went down my favorite jogging course from home to a point on a 5 K loop in Yukarigaoka's residential district. From there I went around the loop twice.


While around the loop, I stepped on the gas rather intensively for about 2 K, taking about 4 minutes. It added a kick to what'd be otherwise a rather monotonous cruise.  


After lapping the loop twice I took a break at a convenience store and ate instant noodles. Once the stomach was filled I had renewed motivation to push myself further. I headed to a 170 M hill below. It's short but steep. I did 10 repeats there. It was challenging. But there was a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when I completed all ten reps without giving up halfway.



No comments:

Post a Comment