Monday, December 23, 2019

Midnight Barefoot Run

Dec. 23, 2019
7.7 K: 42:36.13

It's been a while since I ran last. I've been busy with corporate seminars, and had no choice but give priority to them. I was then going to do some quality training on the weekend, but a sudden seizure hit my stomach on early Sunday morning, and I had to stay in bed almost all day. It's quite unusual of me. I've experienced quite a few psychosomatic symptoms when I was under extreme pressure, but I was always aware that they were psychologically induced, and they would be gone soon once I was aware of it.  But this stomachache was totally unexpected, and wouldn't go away soon. It was definitely largely caused by a highly stressful work schedule, but I believed my mindbody would cope with it. It didn't. I suspect my sympathetic nervous system was too dominant, trying to cope with the busy schedule while the parasympathetic was subdued, which negatively affected my digestive system, thus resulting in the stomachache.


The pain's gone, and I felt strong enough for a jog, so I hit the road in bare feet. It felt good. In five days I'm scheduled to go for a long run in Central Tokyo with several friends of mine. It's going to be fun. I will run again on Friday night when two seven-hour seminars are over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment