Thursday, November 17, 2016

3 K Build-Up

With three days remaining before the 10 K road race this coming Sunday
I did 3 K build-up training.
The purpose of this training is to stimulate different systems
that get activated at different running speeds.
The distance is limited to 3 K
so as not to fatigue leg muscles too much.

I aimed at 4:30 for the first K,
4:20 for the second,
and 4:00 for the last,
but ended up 4:36 for the first lap,
4:23 for the next one,
and 3:52 for the final lap.

I ran in Vibram Five Fingers.
The sole is a bit thinner and harder
than that of MUTEKI,
but that didn't affect my running at all.

I am going to do some stretching tomorrow.
I may also do some core training if I'm in the mood.
My next running training is this Saturday.
It's 3 K pace run.
I hope to run in the morning.
But I may run at night after work.
'Cause I always feel very sleepy on Saturday morning
because I finish work very late on Friday night,
and then I need to wake up early to teach a lecture
on Saturday morning.
It all depends on how I will be feeling then.

No comments:

Post a Comment