Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hill Sprint (坂道ダッシュ)

With only 29 days remaining before a half marathon next January
I hit the road this morning to cover approximately 8 k in and around my town.
The course is rich in undulations, and perfect for building glutes and thighs. 
Also, since you resist gravity when you run up hills, you get to burn more calories
than you normally do when you go down a flat road.
At one point along the course there is a pretty steep hill
that stretches for about 200 to 210 m.
This is where I do hill sprints.
I run up it, taking between 48 to 50 seconds, and do it five sets.
When coming down, I slow down for a brief recovery, spending nearly twice as much time
as when running up.
My cardiovascular capacity is stretched to max when I do it.
I feel like all of my entire internal liquid, be it blood or else, 
makes a full circle minimum ten times!
Literally, I feel like a new man when I complete the regimen.
I need a good rest before I become strong enough again to do another major running training,
so I'll probably give myself a full rest tomorrow.
And hopefully this coming Sunday, which is Dec. 27,
I would like to go for a long slow run to cover more than 20 k.  

No comments:

Post a Comment